Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Richard Powell interview on Horror Happy Hour


Richard Powell is the writer/director of both the award winning Worm & Consumption
  Two excellent short horror films produced by Zach Green (who subsequently is an uber nice guy) and released by Fatal Pictures; a label to definitely keep an eye on.  When I first popped Worm into my overworked DVD player, I didn’t know what to expect.  A parasitic organism, perhaps one that communicates with it’s host.  But it wasn’t like that at all.  It was deeper, darker, a madness hiding in the convolutions of the mind, the way a worm hides inside a rotting apple.  A misanthropic teacher teetering on the edge of what I like to call an atomic “snap-fit”.  As I watched from the edge of my seat, my nose practically touching the LCD screen,  I realized I was entranced.  But as quick as I got caught in it’s spell, was as quick as it ended.  And that’s my only complaint… that it ended. So I absolutely have to ask…. 
Read interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment